[daip] tvlab, tvwed, tvwlab

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 3 15:41:41 EST 2015

On 11/03/2015 11:05 AM, Bryan Butler wrote:

> couple of questions:
>   - in tvlabel, what does "Add n * 100 to alter the metric scaling."
>     mean?  what i'd like is some control over the size of the
>     letters and numbers - is that how i do it?
>   - in tvlabel, how do i get the beam in the lower left corner?  i
>     think i knew how to do this at one time, but for the life of
>     me can't figure it out (or maybe it's something besides tvlabel?)
>   - in tvwedge, can i get the wedge on the right of the image?  and
>     can i control the size of the letters/numbers on that as well?
>
> thanks in advance.
>
>      -bryan

The characters on the TV are in a fixed font, although they can be made
2x, 3x, 4x, or 5x larger with verb CHARMULT.  Metric scaling is
something like milliJy, kiloJy, milli arcsec, etc.  To push the labeling
toward more "standard" metric scalings LTYPE has numerous options (see
help LTYPE)

The Clean beam plot (CBPLOT adverb) is done in tasks GREYS, KNTR, PCNTR
and in LWPLA you can control the font size.

TVWEDGE only makes horizontal wedges, the plot tasks have further options.

Eric