[daip] [!6543]: aips - problems loading data to alcor

Lynn Matthews do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon May 4 16:37:14 EDT 2015

Lynn Matthews updated #6543
---------------------------

problems loading data to alcor
------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 6543

I don't know if this is an AIPS problem, a python problem, or an IT problem.

I am attempting to load JVLA data onto the machine alcor in Socorro using BDF2AIPS, and it is behaving strangely.

Running BDFLIST on the file gives the expected output and listings, but BDF2AIPS gives the messages:

AIPS 1: ZTXOP2: using translated file name =
AIPS 1: ZTXOP2: /lustre/aoc/observers/nm-918/BDF2AIPS.log.04MAY2015.1416
AIPS 1: ZTXOP2: 23
AIPS 1: ZTXOP2: using translated file name =
AIPS 1: ZTXOP2: /lustre/aoc/observers/nm-918/BDF2AIPS.run.04MAY2015.1416
AIPS 1: ZTXOP2: 23
tail: cannot open `/lustre/aoc/observers/nm-918/BDF2AIPS.log.04MAY2015.' for reading: No such file or directory
tail: no files remaining
AIPS 1: AUO ERROR   2 ON RETURNED BY OPERATING SYSTEM

I then get the AIPS prompt back. After a few seconds, the requested file will appear in the catalogue with a partial header. Then eventually the rest of the tables will sometimes appear (??).

In the end I think I finally got the data and all the tables loaded, but I have never seen this kind of behavior before.

Thanks,
Lynn Matthews