[daip] [!6372]: aips - using AIPS at AOC

Sarah Burke Spolaor do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 24 23:12:18 EDT 2015

Sarah Burke Spolaor updated #6372
---------------------------------

using AIPS at AOC
-----------------

           Ticket ID: 6372
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 25 March 2015 03:12 AM
             Updated: 25 March 2015 03:12 AM
                 Due: 27 March 2015 03:12 AM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 02 April 2015 03:12 AM (8d 0h 0m)

Hi there,

I am trying to get AIPS working on my account. I suspect it's simply not set up appropriately on my account or I'm not running some required set-up script. At the moment I get data area assignments errors during START_AIPS (see below) but I assume this is indicative of a bigger issue.

I have tried running setup_vlba but that did not help.

How can I get AIPS running?

Thanks!
Sarah

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
  (Using COAOARN-specific default file /home/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST.COAOARN for DADEVS
DADEVS.PL error - no disks selected at all
This is a FATAL error and nothing in AIPS will work.

START_AIPS: Cannot start AIPS because there are no defined data areas!
START_AIPS: (check DADEVS.LIST or .dadevs files, or AIPSASSN.\*)