[daip] ACSCL lost my calibrator.

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 24 12:22:11 EDT 2015

I have 3.5 minute target source scans and 40 second calibrator scans.  I
specified SOLINT=-4 in ACSCL to try to get scan averages.  The result is
that I lost all of the short calibrator scans.  The help file says that
"small intervals less than 0.2*MIN(SOLINT,SVAN) are not recorded to the
output SN table".  That probably explains the problem.  I say probably
because I have no clue what "SVAN" means.  It should be defined.  I see
that the same issue exists in the ACCOR help file (I did a grep to see if
it was defined in some other help file).  If it is meant to be the scan
length, which would be a good thing, then something's not working - maybe
not in ACCOR either.

Unfortunately it took quite a bit of floundering around to figure out the
problem.

Cheers,

Craig

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  575 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    575 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA