[daip] [!6340]: aips - getjy problem

Aina Palau do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 17 16:23:34 EDT 2015

Aina Palau updated #6340
------------------------

getjy problem
-------------

           Ticket ID: 6340
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 17 March 2015 08:23 PM
             Updated: 17 March 2015 08:23 PM
                 Due: 19 March 2015 08:23 PM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 25 March 2015 08:23 PM (8d 0h 0m)

Hello,
  I am in the process of reducing some line data of project AG0552 (observations taken with the VLA in 1999) and I'm having a problem with GETJY. I have run SETJY on the primary flux calibrator (3c286) and everything seemed to be ok. It reported the correct flux for the calibrator and so on. I also ran CALIB without a problem - a very few minor closure errors. So everything was looking good. I then ran GETJY and although there were no "errors," the flux of the calibrator was not computed. The message file reported:

LOCALH> GETJY1: Task GETJY  (release of 31DEC14) begins
LOCALH> GETJY1: FQMATC: Setting FQ id number =    1
LOCALH> GETJY1: Calibrator robust averaging used     95 of     95 gain samples
LOCALH> GETJY1:    Source:Qual      CALCODE IF  Flux (Jy)
LOCALH> GETJY1: 1733-130        :  0   A     1    0.00000 +/- *********  0.00000
LOCALH> GETJY1:                              2    0.00000 +/- *********  0.00000
LOCALH> GETJY1:    Source:Qual    CALCODE    used   total     bad used  tot  bad
LOCALH> GETJY1: 1733-130        :  0 A          0       0       0    0    0    0
LOCALH> GETJY1: WARNING: All requested fluxes were NOT determined
LOCALH> GETJY1: Appears to have ended successfully

I assume that there is something that I have missed doing or some reason that the information needed for GETJY is not complete, but I can't figure out what it could be. Any suggestions as to what could be going wrong or what I can do to make GETJY assign a flux to this calibrator would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Aina