[daip] [!6302]: aips - TYALP

Trisha L Ashley do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 6 14:01:57 EST 2015

Trisha L Ashley updated #6302
-----------------------------

TYALP
-----

           Ticket ID: 6302
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 05 March 2015 02:44 PM
             Updated: 06 March 2015 11:01 AM

OK, for posterity, let me make sure I know what to look for:
Since my calibrators look "normal" in amplitude vs. time (and amp. diff., phase, and phase diff.), I should have no problem with my SY table and therefore do not need to run TYAPL or TYSMO.
However, if I were to see something resembling RFI, or something really strange (systematic jumps in amplitude?), then I need to fix the SY table with TYAPL and TYSMO.  So, besides RFI, what would I be looking for?  I am used to having to remove some phase jumps and looking for other small strange things (really high visibilities, quacking, a bad antenna, etc), but I am not sure what typical visibility strangeness would be related to the SY table.  In some of the SY tables that I plotted I saw some steep winding in amplitude, and sometimes high scatter at a specific time range for a telescope and polarization, but once the flags were applied, it did not look as bad (there were still some time ranges with scatter, but most of the really high/low amplitudes were gone).  Would that scatter be something to look for in the SY table that would imply that I need to run TYAPL and TYSMO?
Thank you!