[daip] [!6793]: AIPS - Do I need to make an opacity correction for archival Q band data

Chris De Pree do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 26 13:22:38 EDT 2015

Chris De Pree updated #6793
---------------------------

Do I need to make an opacity correction for archival Q band data

           Ticket ID: 6793

Hello (I assuming this will go to Eric) -

Just one follow up question - I see that FILLM will populate the initial CL table with gain corrections for opacity, but don't I then need to apply these corrections? Using SNPLT (as advised on p. D-4 of the AIPS Cookbook) shows these gains (attached), which as I understand it, should be close to 1 (within a few percent)...

I recall having to run some sort of task to apply the opacity corrections from the CL table...

Chris

Staff CP:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff