[daip] [!6793]: AIPS - Do I need to make an opacity correction for archival Q band data

Chris De Pree do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 24 13:33:29 EDT 2015

Chris De Pree updated #6793
---------------------------

Do I need to make an opacity correction for archival Q band data

           Ticket ID: 6793

Back in the day, I recall the need to make an opacity correction to data. I am re-reducing some 1997/7 Q band data, and it seems that the FILLM task in AIPS does this correction automatically (CPARM?). Is that correct, or do I need to do a separate opacity correction. The explain file for FILLM seems to indicate that this is taken care of automatically.

Thanks,
Chris