[daip] [!6280]: AIPS - Dispersive delay fitting in AIPS

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 15 13:23:37 EDT 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6280
--------------------------

Dispersive delay fitting in AIPS
--------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 6280

I have put dispersion fitting in MBDLY back into the system.
Also handling of dispersion in CLCAL and SNSMO.  I also added
an option in FRING to do MBDLY-like dispersion fitting.  Thus
SB delays are fit for a dispersion and MBdelay.  The output
contains the MBdelay, dispersion, SDdelays corrected for
dispersion and phases corrected for dispersion.

I had hoped to use code from KRING to do a more complete
fit of phases but KRING does not seem to work at times.
It gets wrong delays when the frequency reference pixel
is not 1 even though it handles that correctly in the one
place I can find where it sets frequencies.  It gets wrong answers
occasionally in real data too, and right answers as well even with
ref pix = 1.  I am getting close to removing KRING entirely - it seems
slow as well as unreliable.

Tomorrow's MNJ should give you code to try.