[daip] AIPS Binary install

steven laubesb at nex.net.au
Tue Jun 2 22:43:50 EDT 2015

hello again
I processed with the binary installation
it ended with this massage
ipsWiz:  =====> We're DONE!  Let's have a nice Banana Split!
<======

AipsWiz: Here are the final setup instructions for running AIPS

         1.  Reference the LOGIN.SH file in your .profile file
               (dot it now too, via ". ./LOGIN.SH")

         2.  Check that it works:

                 aips notv tpok

               (this will not start a TV or tape servers).
             Try 'print 2 + 2' for a very basic test.

         3.  Make a cron entry for the do_daily.LOCALHOST file
               that the MAKE.MNJ created, so you can run the
               AIPS 'midnight job'.  This is optional but
               strongly recommended.

AipsWiz: That's it.  You should now have the latest AIPS!  Enjoy.
which means noting to me?
  what and  where is  profile?
and how do I edit it
tried  typing LOGIN.SH at the command prompt from with in the file it is
located
came back  unable to locate file
perhaps it should have been called Kangaroo(which mans I do not
understand you)
                                       respectfully Steven