[daip] VLBACALA and ACSCL

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 28 16:32:45 EDT 2015

If you run ACSCL after APCAL, it undoes the APCAL calibration, since it is
trying to make the calibrated autocorrelation coefficients unity in the
designated channel range.  Therefore, it must be run before APCAL.  But it
also must be run after ACCOR and after the derivation of the bandpass.
Therefore it must be run between the two major components of VLBACALA.  I
suggest that VLBACALA be broken into two procs, one for ACCOR and one for
APCAL.  In fact, my latest HYB.001 has such procs defined.

I would appreciate having those two split for other reasons.  Mainly, I
find I often have to iterate and experiment to get APCAL with opacity
fitting to work.  I'd rather have ACCOR behind me at the point and not
have to either keep redoing it, or have to keep setting up APCAL and CLCAL
without the help of the procs.

Cheers,

Craig

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  575 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    575 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA