[daip] [!6831]: AIPS - problem with u-v data after conversion to FITS

Lynn Matthews do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 3 13:23:36 EDT 2015

Lynn Matthews updated #6831
---------------------------

problem with u-v data after conversion to FITS

           Ticket ID: 6831

I have some u-v data that I converted to FITS yesterday using FITTP  and read back into AIPS
on another machine using FITLD.

The original data are fine, but when I attempt to process the FITLDed data (e.g., run IMAGR or UVPLT),
I get messages like the following:

IMAGR1: Create TEST        .IMAGR .   1 (UV)  on disk  4  cno  277
IMAGR1: Beginning channel   10 through   10 with  1 IFs
IMAGR1: ZMI2: DELAY 1
IMAGR1: ZMI2: DELAY 2
IMAGR1: ZMI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 7738067969 THRU = 7745423840
IMAGR1: ZMI2: BEYOND EOF = 7739317248
IMAGR1: ZMIO: OPER=READ LUN=25 BLKNO=     7556708 8-BIT-BYTES=******
IMAGR1: ZERROR: IN ZMI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
IMAGR1: ZWAIT: ZWAI2 RETURNS ERROR 3 FOR LUN = 25 BUFFER = 2
IMAGR1: ZERROR: IN ZWAI2  ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
IMAGR1: DATGET: ERROR  3 READING UV DATA
IMAGR1: UVREAD: ERROR   3 READING UV DATA
IMAGR1: UVREAD: ERROR READING Input UVdata
IMAGR1: IMACPY: ERROR COPYING Input UVdata
IMAGR1: TO UVdata work object
IMAGR1: Deleting UV work file:
IMAGR1: Destroyed UV image file: catno=    277 disk= 4
IMAGR1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes

I tried recreating the UVFITS file and reading it back on the same machine, but had the same problem.
I also read some map data in and out of AIPS, but those data are okay.

Lynn Matthews