[daip] [!6081]: aips - data storage

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 29 15:54:23 EST 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6081
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 02 February 2015 07:04 PM)

data storage
------------

           Ticket ID: 6081
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 29 January 2015 07:04 PM
             Updated: 29 January 2015 08:54 PM

The helpdesk in the AOC has extended your reservation by 2 weeks.
Ignore e-mails at this point.

AIPS data for nmpost machines is stored not on the machine but on our lustre
disk system.  The only extensive data I can find are in
   /lustre/aoc/observers/nm-7005/AIPS_1
a disk address you should probably see in the start-up messages when you
run aips.    Note that these files are in binary formats not appropriate for
long-term storage.  You should write out the data you wish to keep with
FITTP or FITAB.