[daip] [!5975]: aips - Aips Installation under Yosemite

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 14 10:28:42 EST 2015

Eric Greisen updated #5975
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 19 January 2015 08:39 AM)

Aips Installation under Yosemite
---------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 5975
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 14 January 2015 08:39 AM
             Updated: 14 January 2015 03:28 PM
      Resolution Due: 23 January 2015 08:39 AM (8d 17h 10m)

Yosemite does seem to be giving trouble.

I have no idea what is causing yours.  Have you done
   source $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.CSH                 or
   . $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.SH                          for bash?
Do this and then enter
  echo $HOST
That should say LOCALHOST is all is well.  Then try
    aips tv=local

One of the issues hit was that the user typed tv=LOCAL and
it was not smart enough to translate LOCAL into local and so looked
for a host name LOCAL.

Another issue was solved by the user - he wrote

I reinstalled the X11 program from http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/ and it all works great now.

I was going through everything in case there were issues and figured, why the hell not try this.

Happy New Year, Glad to have solved one of these on my own!

Let me know what happens