[daip] Selfcal using model FITS image

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 2 12:18:08 EST 2015

On 12/31/2014 02:57 AM, Samir Choudhuri wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I want to selfcal one 610MHz GMRT data by using a model (FITS image) image,
> dont want to use CC component because I already have one FITS model
> image which is generated using CASA. How can I proceed? It would be
> heldful for me if you give me the direction for further analysis.

CASA images do not come with a CC file.  So if you use the image as a
model in CALIB it will FFT the image and use that.  If the image has not
been convolved with a Clean beam, then this should work reasonably well.
  If it has been convolved, then it will not (the FFT of the convolving
function causes the outer parts of the model to have lower amplitude
than the outer parts of the data).