[daip] [!6202]: aips - AIPS won't start after cntl-C...

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 16 12:11:22 EST 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6202
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 18 February 2015 12:00 AM)

AIPS won't start after cntl-C...
--------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 6202
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 15 February 2015 04:26 PM
             Updated: 16 February 2015 05:11 PM
      Resolution Due: 25 February 2015 12:00 AM (8d 6h 49m)

This is a puzzle.  All looks fine until the error message that
no data areas were defined (means DADEVS.PL found none
or somehow $DA01 is undefined).  But the line about your disk 1
puts a lie to both of those criteria.  So it simply does not make
sense.  Note - AIPS has a command ABORTASK to abort a running
task.  I cannot log into these special machines and see nothing
wrong from the outside.  Why don't you try it today again and
if it fails tomorrow fairly early.  If it still fails, I will try to get
permission to log in to the machine and experiment.  (Today is a holiday.)