[daip] No success with TYSMO

Enno Middelberg middelberg at astro.rub.de
Wed Feb 11 08:24:22 EST 2015

Hello,

I have trouble using TYSMO on a 1.4GHz VLBA data set. All I want to do
is filter out unreasonable values, eg, smaller than 10K and exceeding
250K. However, none of the settings I tried have any effect on the
output. The most basic invocation would be:

tget tysmo
default
getn 1
aparm 10, 0, 0, 0, 0, 250, 0, 0, 0
go

But this produces a new TY table which still contains values outside the
specified range. I have tried many of the other settings (including
filtering using CPARM) to no avail; the results always appears to be a
duplicate TY table which is identical to the input table.

I have uploaded a copy of the data set I'm using to
http://people.astro.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/middelberg/tmp/C0825.fits, and
I'm using Aips version 31DEC15 on a 64-bit Linux machine.

Can you help?

Many thanks,

Enno