[daip] [!7774]: AIPS - Continuum subtraction in spectral line data cube.

Yogesh Chandola do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 31 01:24:18 EST 2015

Yogesh Chandola updated #7774
-----------------------------

Continuum subtraction in spectral line data cube.

           Ticket ID: 7774
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 30 December 2015 09:06 AM
             Updated: 31 December 2015 06:24 AM
      Resolution Due: 08 January 2016 09:06 AM (8d 2h 41m)

 > It would appear that the continuum model that you UVSUBed
 > did not contain (correctly) all of the continuum flux. Is this at
 > L band? Did you use multiple facets to do your continuum imaging?
 > A large field, especially at P or L or even S band, will require multiple
 > facets to get the geometry correct. If the geometry is not
 > correct sources will not subtract properly.
 >
 > If the remaining continuum looks simple (not all sorts of spokes
 > and clutter), then you could simply subtract the residual continuum
 > with IMLIN or XBASL.
 >
 > Eric Greisen

Yes, it is L band data and I have used multiple facets to do continuum imaging  as well as for making spectral line cubes. Should I use IMLIN on each facet cube separately and then FLATN or first FLATN and then IMLIN? IMLIN is also known to have problems while subtracting continuum off from the phase center.

Yogesh