[daip] [!7774]: AIPS - Continuum subtraction in spectral line data cube.

Yogesh Chandola do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 30 04:06:11 EST 2015

Yogesh Chandola updated #7774
-----------------------------

Continuum subtraction in spectral line data cube.

           Ticket ID: 7774
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 30 December 2015 09:06 AM
             Updated: 30 December 2015 09:06 AM
                 Due: 04 January 2016 09:06 AM (5d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 08 January 2016 09:06 AM (9d 0h 0m)

Hi,

  I have some issues while trying to subtract the continuum from spectral line data cube. I used AIPS task UVSUB for that purpose. But some continuum sources, off from the phase center doesn't get  subtracted, and it appears in the moment map as well as the spectra at the point. The procedure I followed is as below:

     (1) Calibration and bandpass applied  UV data.
     (2) Multi-field continuum image from line free channels after several round of self-calibration.
     (3) Apply the self-calibration and split the UV data, and then use UVSUB.
     (4) Multi-field imaging on UVSUB data to produce the spectral line cubes.
     (5) FLATN the spectral line cubes and use TRANS on it, and then produce moment maps.

 Please tell, how to remove that continuum.

Thanks,
Yogesh