[daip] help

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 25 12:15:56 EST 2015

On 12/24/2015 06:49 PM, Nosratullah Mohammadi wrote:
> hey !
> hope you fine
> i call from iran
> my problem is that the Aips installing wizard is really hard to me on
> macintosh so if possible send me a understandable instruction ...
>
> note: i installed this software on linux but now i can not install it on
> macintosh ...
> -----------------------------------
> thanks to helping me

To install on Macs, copy install.pl from our ftp site and do

perl install.pl -n

and answer the questions.  Macs are very similar to linux - the only
difference is that one has to do a sysctl.conf file since Macs are fussy
about shared memory.  If youu are running 10.11 (El Capitan) OS then
there is also a fix_aips_elcap.sh which needs to be done at a certain
point in the install script (near the end).

If you still have problems, send me the error messages and other info to
allow me to help you more specifically.

The Install Wizard instructions should be good for Macs.