[daip] [!7751]: AIPS - AIPS does not correctly recognize the unit of fits keyword BUNIT produced with CASA

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Dec 21 10:10:10 EST 2015

Eric Greisen updated #7751
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 23 December 2015 09:49 AM)

AIPS does not correctly recognize the unit of fits keyword BUNIT produced with CASA

           Ticket ID: 7751
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 21 December 2015 09:49 AM
             Updated: 21 December 2015 03:10 PM

This issue has been addressed in the 31DEC15 version of AIPS.
All tasks now convert units to upper case (internally) and then
compare to JY/BEAM to do the beam-area conversion.

We do not update older versions for minor issues like this
so 31DEC14 was not "patched" and we cannot update 31DEC13.

The user can change the units in the header to JY/BEAM with PUTHEAD.