[daip] [!7706]: AIPS - question about PBCOR

Amy Mioduszewski do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 9 10:40:43 EST 2015

Amy Mioduszewski updated #7706
------------------------------

question about PBCOR
--------------------

           Ticket ID: 7706
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 08 December 2015 09:10 AM
             Updated: 09 December 2015 08:40 AM
      Resolution Due: 16 December 2015 09:10 AM (7d 0h 29m)

This is not L-band data.  I am looking into whether I can find anything about beam squint at other bands, so far the experts I've talked to only care about L-band.

Gisela,

If you look at the EXPLAIN file for CLVLB it tells you what should be in the input file.  I suspect that if there is no reasonable information about beam squint this will not be any better than just using PBCOR.  How far are  the sources from the pointing center?

Amy Mioduszewski
NRAO