[daip] AIPS problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Dec 6 15:24:51 EST 2015

On 12/01/2015 03:30 PM, Lu Shen wrote:
> Hello Eric,
>
> I am trying to install aips in my new computer, but there is a missing
> file in FILAIP. How to fix this? Thank you!

> [LOCALHOST:~/astro/aips] lushen% RUN FILAIP
> Data disk assignments:
> DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.018
>    (Using global default file /Users/lushen/astro/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST
> for DADEVS.PL)
>     Disk 1 (1) is /Users/lushen/astro/aips/DATA/LOCALHOST_1
>
> Starting up FILAIP (RELEASE OF 31DEC16)
> dyld: Library not loaded: libsvml.dylib
>    Referenced from: /Users/lushen/astro/aips/31DEC16/MACINT/LOAD/FILAIP.EXE
>    Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap
> [LOCALHOST:~/astro/aips] lushen%

You are right that this is an El Capitan issue

install.pl actually pauses at one point and invites you to execute
(under bash only) the script designed to fix the latest Apple
irritation.  I attach a revised version of that script.  El Cap does not
allow library paths so one has to make special ones in advance in
/usr/local/lib.  This script does that.

Eric Greisen