[daip] [!7095]: AIPS - AIPS won’t start

Robert Gray do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 18 10:34:35 EDT 2015

Robert Gray updated #7095
-------------------------

AIPS won’t start
----------------

           Ticket ID: 7095

Hi!

AIPS won’t start, and I request your assistance to get it going.

I think I recognize the problem as having run UFPLT without something like XINC 100 to limit its scope, generating a plot file >200 MB in /tmp, which I’ve been told denies AIPS the space it needs to start up.  I found a 200 MB file in /tmp named ‘ZLWIO.a19618’ and removed it, but AIPS still won’t start.

I ran UVPLT with no limit on its scope to look for occasional brief flux spikes I might have missed in flagging, and I now see that UVHFM histograms can provide some of that information faster.

Pasted below is a nm-7005 account login and attempt to start AIPS.  If I can fix this problem myself in the future (without being very experienced and without too much risk of making things worse)  please let me know how.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Bob Gray