[daip] [!6791]: AIPS - AIPS 31DEC15 text installation IMAGR problems

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 5 17:04:51 EDT 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6791
--------------------------

AIPS 31DEC15 text installation IMAGR problems

           Ticket ID: 6791

I have worked over the code a lot and find that gfortran 4.8.3, 4.9.2,
and even 5.1.0 all seem to work when compiled with the
-fno-automatic option and with a fixed memory for the pseudo AP.
I have worked to allow the first requirement to be dropped and
have made great progress - at least the Y2K test runs to fully
correct answers and is essentially as fast as with the Intel compiler!
I will continue to use this compiler in my personal version in the hope
of finding residual places when variables need to be SAVEd.  Tomorrow's
MNJ will include 3 Q routines that required this.

I am closing this ticket now since I believe you can compile and run AIPS
locally following these directions.