[daip] AIPS troubleshooting, Data directory undefined

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 4 15:46:49 EDT 2015

On 08/04/2015 01:27 PM, Wen-fai Fong wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I can't seem to locate that file in my
> $HOME area or lustre account. I've asked other people who use
> cfa-transient and we are brainstorming...

You do not seem to understand my message.  YOU must create this file, no
one else connected to NRAO or AIPS will do it.  This file points at one
or more data areas that YOU create.  Note that after you create the data
areas and list them in the $HOME/.dadevs.always file, you must also
create a zero-byte file named SPACE with at least owner and group write
privilege.

As an example only (DO NOT COPY the directory names):

    cd
    cd   /lustre/cfa/users/wfong
    mkdir AIPS
    cd AIPS
    mkdir LUSTRE_1
    mkdir LUSTRE_2
    touch LUSTRE_1/SPACE LUSTRE_2/SPACE

Then edit the file $HOME/.dadevs.always to look like

+  /lustre/cfa/users/wfong/AIPS/LUSTRE_1
-  /lustre/cfa/users/wfong/AIPS/LUSTRE_2

Remember that these directory names probably cannot be used in your set up.

Eric Greisen