[daip] Problems with ANTAB/NX table

Elizaveta Rastorgueva-Foi Elizaveta.RastorguevaFoi at utas.edu.au
Mon Aug 3 10:39:48 EDT 2015

Hi,

I was advised by Arnaud Collioud to address this AIPS question to you as he encountered similar problem before and received good help.

I am attempting to image a large geodetic experiment (CONT14), and running into a problem while trying to import a hand-made ANTAB table. I cannot proceed with this table and even check if it is ok because every time I try to import it I run into the following error:

> ANTAB1: Task ANTAB  (release of 31DEC14) begins
> ANTAB1: NXREAD: INCREASE PARAMETER MAXNX
> ANTAB1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> ANTAB1: localhost    31DEC14 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
> AIPS 1: Resumes

This happens on both 31DEC14 and 31DEC15 installations (I use two different isolated binary installations on different machines). This is a reasonably large chunk of data, first 24h of a 14-days experiment, 16 IFs, 17 antennas. Arnaud encountered similar problem while trying to image some other geodetic session. He suggested that this might occur because my NX table is too large, as maximum length of it is limited. Indeed NX table was over 50000 lines, and I doubt it is possible to reduce it. Idea of Arnaud is that the parameter that defines the maximum length of the index table can be increased, but that is something that I cannot do myself. Could you please help me with this issue? I wasn't able yet to make MNJ working on either of my machines, but can try to set it up if it's the only way to patch it.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Liza

Dr Elizaveta Rastorgueva-Foi