[daip] [!6510]: aips - AIPS wont start - node reservation timer problem?

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 28 12:19:23 EDT 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6510
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 29 April 2015 03:00 PM)

AIPS wont start - node reservation timer problem?

           Ticket ID: 6510
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 27 April 2015 02:55 PM
             Updated: 28 April 2015 04:19 PM

You attempted to make a plot > 200 Mbytes to go directly to the printer.
It does this in /tmp and ran out of the allowed space.  AIPS uses /tmp
to start up and there was no room.  We deleted the plot and now
aips starts.

You have about 1.5 million files in your data area.   This will make aips
rather slow and the OS will be slow too.  We have created 8 more data
areas (INDISK, OUTDISK) to let you separate your files into smaller areas.
Unfortunately any moving of files to the new areas must be done inside AIPS.

There is a task called MOVE.  Set USERID=1111; OUTDISK=2 through 9, and
OPCODE not 'MOVE';  After the MOVE task works, ZAP the file on disk 1.
This should let you reorganize and help things to run better.  It might also be
good to clean up after yourself so that things do not get so far out of hand.