[daip] [!6413]: aips - SAD Question 2015-04-03

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Sun Apr 5 16:21:31 EDT 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6413
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 07 April 2015 02:54 PM)

SAD Question 2015-04-03
-----------------------

           Ticket ID: 6413
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 03 April 2015 02:54 PM
             Updated: 05 April 2015 08:21 PM
      Resolution Due: 13 April 2015 02:54 PM (7d 18h 32m)

I have no idea why SAD finds occasional strong sources for you.
The correct thing to do is of course to check for them in detail
as you are doing.  A few weeks ago you sent me an image plane
that you said was doing this but I could not make anything odd
happen in SAD using several versions of the load module here.

Your interpretation is correct for the * symbol  Your rms is 0.032
Jy/beam and so that is the uncertainty in the component peaks.
If I understand correctly, your data cubes are on disk in this
building.  If you can point me at a full cube that is doing this
I can try some more.  Unfortunately, I am on vacation through
April 18 starting Tuesday.