[daip] [!5514]: aips - -SFL projection

Trisha L Ashley do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Sep 23 14:46:43 EDT 2014

Trisha L Ashley updated #5514
-----------------------------

-SFL projection
----------------

           Ticket ID: 5514
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 17 September 2014 11:35 PM
             Updated: 23 September 2014 06:46 PM
                 Due: 25 September 2014 06:46 PM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 30 September 2014 09:23 PM (7d 2h 37m)

Hi Eric,
I managed to get the latest version of AIPS (31DEC14) on my computer and I am now running into more warnings from AIPS about the same image.  From FITLD I get the following message:
LOCALH> FITLD1: PROJECTION PARAMETERS PVi_j NOT UNDERSTOOD
but it still loads, and while running anything else with the image I get the following message:
WARNING: OBLIQUE PROJECTION SELECTED DEC0 NOT 0.
I am not sure what this warning means.  Does AIPS need the reference pixel to be at pixel 0 for "-SFL" projections? The coordinates are now closer to what they should be than before, but they are still wrong by several hours in RA and and several degrees in Dec.  Thank you!-Trisha Ashley