[daip] gain missing in APCAL

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Tue Sep 16 18:29:12 EDT 2014

Hi Arnaud,

I figured out the problem, but it is one of those complicated things that there
could be bugs in various tasks connected to it, so it might take a bit to have a
final fix.  There are a few easy work arounds though.  The issue is the spurious
2nd freqid that exists in the data.  If you do a PRTAB (INEXT='FQ') or a LISTR
it will show you this FREQID.  Anyway, there seems to be a few minutes of
autocorrelation on antenna 4 with FQ#2.  So when ANTAB loads the TY table it
assigns some Tsys entries to FQ#2, and when APCAL encounters these entries, it
looks for a GC entry for FQ#2 and doesn't find one.  I think I might add the
FREQID to that error message since that would have helped diagnosing the
problem.  This also explains why I didn't get this error when I UVCOPied the
data because I only copied FQ#1.  The easiest work around is to explicitly set
FREQID=1 in APCAL.  I tested this and it worked.

The question is how this situation could be handled better in AIPS.  I suspect
the autocorrelations are "real" so how could AIPS have done things differently?

Cheers,

Amy