[daip] A simple request for PRTAB

Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 15 13:47:41 EDT 2014

PRTAB has two inputs for controlling how many entries for a column are
shown - NCOUNT and BDROP/EDROP.  To restrict what is shown, one must
specify something for both.  If either defaults, everything is shown,
not matter how the other is set.  This means that you can never show,
say, the entries for IF's 5-7 without getting IF 1 too because NCOUNT
must be set and it starts at 1.  If you just simply want to restrict the
size of the print with NCOUNT, you must also specify non-default values
for BDROP and/or EDROP or you still get everything.

I suggest that, if one parameter is specified, that the other not take
the default.  If both are specified, then go ahead and conform to both
requests as it does now (I can see reasons for that).

While at it, there is an unfortunate interaction with DOFLAG between
CALIB and PRTAB.  A value good for one is not good for the other and I
keep tripping over it.  PRTAB aborts with DOFLAG set to reasonable CALIB
values (>1).

Cheers,

Craig

     R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
     cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
     Phone  575 835 7247        P. O. Box O
     Fax    575 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA