[daip] [!5477]: aips - CVEL AIPS

Carolina Rodriguez do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Sep 11 14:43:34 EDT 2014

Carolina Rodriguez updated #5477
--------------------------------

CVEL AIPS
---------

           Ticket ID: 5477
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 11 September 2014 06:43 PM
             Updated: 11 September 2014 06:43 PM
                 Due: 15 September 2014 06:43 PM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 19 September 2014 06:43 PM (8d 0h 0m)

Hello,

I'm working with maser line data taken in 2008 with the VLA-EVLA transition. The observations were dinamically scheduled so now I'm trying to apply doppler corrections with the CVEL task but I don't understand what is happening, exactly. I specify in the aparm option of CVEL the reference channel, the rest frequency, the velocity of the source (the velocity that corresponds to the day that the observations were planned but the observations were made 3 days later than planned) and the velocity type. After that, I was expecting that the velocity information change in the header but that was not the case. The velocity in the header still been the same before and after the application of CVEL to the data.

I inspected the data with the POSSM task and I see that the original UV data in my SPLIT was shifted in comparation with the CVEL data but I don't know what exactly CVEL had done.
I hope I had been explained well my problem, I'm a begginer with AIPS!

Please, can you give me some information of how CVEL works? the information in the HELP/EXPLAIN part of AIPS hasn't be enough for my complete understand. Another question that I have is about the skyfrequency, where CVEL compute that?

I'll be waiting for your help!
Thank you very much,

Carolina