[daip] Invalid Tsys values not recognized.

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Tue Sep 2 22:34:19 EDT 2014

The obvious tasks are APCAL, SNEDT and SNPLT.  Perhaps also LISTR.  PRTAB
also reads TY tables, but you might want the bad ones to show there.
Doing a grep on TY with a bunch of pipes to exclude spurious hits found a
few more like EDITA, SNIFS, TYAPL, and TYSMO plus a number that don't need
to understand the detailed content (FITLD, DBCON etc).

Cheers,

Craig

> On 08/30/2014 09:22 PM, R. Craig Walker wrote:
>> I have a TY table from TA035B (Aug 14 data using the DDC) that has some
>> entries that appear to be flagged as bad.  The values, according to
>> PRTAB
>> and LISTR, are 999.00.  They are not getting recognized as bad.  These
>> are
>> the first Tsys of the project in RR for antennas 5 and 6.  They appear
>> get used in calibration, probably with that value as there are clear
>> spurious amplitudes at the time in question.  Something needs to be done
>> to either avoid such values, or have them recognized properly.
>>
>> Data set is on noatak disk 3 (/home/noatak2/AIPS/DA01)
>> AIPS 2:  288  450 TA035B_VLBA .TASAV .    1 UV 30-AUG-2014 21:12:21
>> (the original MULTI file has been subjected to editing of the TY table).
>>
>> This problem rings a bell so I think we've seen it before.  Apparently
>> it
>> has not been addressed.
>
> Remind me what tasks use the TY values and I could add code to them to
> view Tsys > 998 as 'INDE'.  I suppose that I could bury this deeper
> still in the table I/O routine.
>
> Eric

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  575 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    575 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA