[daip] FW: AIPS error message almap7, jansky

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 17 12:09:41 EST 2014

Hi Anthony,

This problem has been reported before, but not in relation to a Linux upgrade.
The problem is that there is a file that AIPS thinks is bigger than it really
is.  It is probably the message file. The solution is to delete the message
file, which will not hurt anything important.  The message file is in the first
AIPS area, and is called "MSDuuu000.uuu\;" where the uuu is your AIPS number in
extended hex (3G0 for 4464).  Delete this file (and no others!) and you should
be OK.

Amy