[daip] [!5751]: aips - AIPS script syntax

Amy Mioduszewski do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 6 16:19:33 EST 2014

Amy Mioduszewski updated #5751
------------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 10 November 2014 01:15 PM)

AIPS script syntax
------------------

           Ticket ID: 5751
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 06 November 2014 01:15 PM
             Updated: 06 November 2014 02:19 PM
      Resolution Due: 17 November 2014 01:15 PM (10d 22h 56m)

Hmmmm, nothing looks wrong with the bit you sent me.   That error usually comes about when you enter something that should be the set to something else.  For example, if you just type any number into AIPS you will get this error.  Could you send me the whole script?   One other comment is that I hope you realize that  DATAIN= 'FITS:SS433_Epoch3CNew_'!!CHAR(I)!!'.Q.fits' will capitalize everything.  If you want to the name to contain lower case characters you have to do something like this:
dataout='FITS:SS433_Epoch3CNew_
datain=dataout!!CHAR(I)!!'.Q.fits

Amy Mioduszewski
NRAO