[daip] [!4953]: aips - Running XGAUS

Chris De Pree do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed May 28 15:53:01 EDT 2014

Chris De Pree updated #4953
---------------------------

Running XGAUS
-------------

           Ticket ID: 4953
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 23 May 2014 08:49 PM
             Updated: 28 May 2014 07:53 PM
      Resolution Due: 06 June 2014 12:00 AM (8d 4h 7m)

Hey Eric,
I could have been more clear. With Radio Recombination Lines, it is often nice to use the continuum (which has been subtracted) as a weighted mask to weight pixels that contain line emission. I use to do this in a task that I wrote for GIPSY long ago in graduate school, but didn't know whether XGAUS had this functionality. Specifically, I would like to (1) specify a rectangular region in a line only data cube, and (2) generate an integrated line profile weighted by the presence of continuum emission in these pixels. The RRL lines in my data cubes are often weak enough that single pixel fits are too noisy.
Chris