[daip] a problem about AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 18 10:23:00 EDT 2014

宁煌 wrote:
> sorry for disturbing you again. I think  I have some problems when I use
> AIPS.
> I type:
>  >task 'fitld'
>  >inf 'fits:2MA.FITS'
>  >outn '2ma'
>  >inp
>  >go
>

> I try to search "AMTO1 AIPS","MOUNT AIPS"on google,but I still do not
> sovle the error.I got the error:

Try INPUTS FITLD

It will show that the adverb for the file name is now DATAIN.  Whenever
anything goes wrong in AIPS, start by saying INP xxx where xxx is what
is bothering you (FITLD this time).  That should help with the debugging.

Since you did not specify an input file, FITLD looked for a real
magnetic tape.  You did not mount one, so you get this message.