[daip] [!4688]: aips - problems with TELL

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 17 15:29:53 EDT 2014

Eric Greisen updated #4688
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 19 March 2014 04:16 PM)

problems with TELL
------------------

           Ticket ID: 4688
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 17 March 2014 04:16 PM
             Updated: 17 March 2014 07:29 PM

Thank you.

In December I changed GO (and TPUT/VPUT) to write the TG file
with adverb names so that TGET would get only those adverbs
that had been saved even if I change the inputs list.  I did not
realize that TELL used the same code and so the TELL data
got written with adverb names - something no task would understand.
I have fixed it to treat the TELL file like the task data file (no adverb
names) instead and IMAGR will understand a TELL again if you run
a MNJ tomorrow (or later).

Thanks for the heads up