[daip] [!4678]: aips - Running MNJ

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 13 18:30:38 EDT 2014

Eric Greisen updated #4678
--------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 17 March 2014 10:10 PM)

Running MNJ
-----------

           Ticket ID: 4678
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 13 March 2014 05:02 PM
             Updated: 13 March 2014 10:30 PM
      Resolution Due: 21 March 2014 10:09 PM (7d 23h 38m)

This means that your last attempt to install had issues.  I think
you should try to locate cvs on your system.  On our Linux systems
it is in /usr/bin but on Macs it may be other places or not installed.
You can install the 31DEC14 without it, but you cannot run the mnj.
Perhaps you should address this issue first - get someone to install
cvs on your machine.  The install.pl script tries to find cvs in your path
and will ask where it may be found if it does not find it.  The initialization
of the MNJ requires it, but the rest of the installation will go ahead
without it.   To put a new cvs into an existing installation, you must
execute $UPDUNIX/MAKE.BMNJ which will prepare all sorts of files and
even connect briefly with our cvs server.

Eric