[daip] AIPS---fitld warning message

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 7 10:45:14 EST 2014

ͯ·æÏÍ wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a students of Chinese Academy of Science. I'm sorry for any
> inconvenience if this email disturb you.
>
> when I use 'fitld' to load a fits file(that fits  file was created by
> me), I got a warning message that say "MC2CL: WARNING  8 CL RECORDS DID
> NOT GET CLOCK AND ATMOSPHERE". What might be caused this warning?

We are here to help users of AIPS - please do not apologize for asking
questions.

This is a bit curious - FITLD builds the initial calibration table (CL
version  1) from iinformation in the MC and IM tables.  This message
says that there are times in the CL table  for which there was no MC
table data within 1 minute.  You could try PRTAB on the CL table and
examine the clock and atmosphere columns.  I suspect that normally they
contain only zeros and, if so, this message contains nothing
significant.  If they are not zero, then it might be good to find the
relevant times and fix up the CL table manually.