[daip] Start Up Issue

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 5 18:30:49 EST 2014

Kevin Dimond wrote:
> Eric,
>
> Thank you for the help. Implementing suggestion 1. resulted in a
> slightly different result, but there still appears to be a problem. The
> message can be found in the first attachment.
>
> I moved on to the second suggestion, I ran into more errors when trying
> to run the .FOR and .EXE versions of both FILAIP and POPSGN. The outputs
> can be found in the second and third attachment. I'll try moving onto
> the third item.

1. The result at present is point 3 - shared memory failure

2. I meant the things I sent LITERALLY.  AIPS provides a command RUN
which does all kinds of setup to execute the .EXE named.  Standalone
programs like FILAIP and POPSGN run that way.

          source $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.CSJ   or
          . $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.SH  (if you use bash shell)

then

          RUN FILAIP

and answer the question with
          8 2

then
          RUN POPSGN
and answer the question
          0  POPSDAT  TST
and when you get a > prompt just hit the <cr> (Enter key).