[daip] BLAPP and FREQID

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 26 10:49:52 EDT 2014

On 06/26/2014 01:47 AM, Arnaud Collioud wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I am not sure you received my last email. Please find it just below.
>
> Cheers,
> Arnaud
>
> Le 24 juin 2014 à 16:55, Arnaud Collioud a écrit :
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I am encountering an unexpected problem with task BLAPP.
>> When specifically asking for processing the FREQID = 2 (dual-frequency S/X experiment), BLAPP is still looking at FREQID = 1, and obviously, it fails since I kept only the freq 2 data.

>>> macpco> BLAPP1: Task BLAPP  (release of 31DEC14) begins
>>> macpco> BLAPP1: FQMATC: Setting FQ id number =    1
>>> macpco> BLAPP1: NO DATA SELECTED
>>> macpco> BLAPP1: OUVOPN: ERROR OPENING UV data
>>> macpco> BLAPP1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
>>> macpco> BLAPP1: localhost    31DEC14 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

BLAPP is coded strangely and so initially opens the data set with only
the name parameters set.  That causes the FQMATC message I suspect.  But
then BLAPP depends on low-level messages to tell about errors and so one
cannot tell which of the many OUVOPN calls is actually failing.
The FREQID parameter is put in the object during the initialization
phases (after the first open call).  But the SUBARRAY adverb never gets
put in the object.  That might be the real problem.  Let me work over
the task some to improve the error reporting and to put the SUBARRAY
adverb in.  A MNJ tomorrow will let us try again on your data.

ERic Greisen