[daip] [!4953]: aips - Running XGAUS

Chris De Pree do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 25 14:39:15 EDT 2014

Chris De Pree updated #4953
---------------------------

Running XGAUS
-------------

           Ticket ID: 4953
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 23 May 2014 08:49 PM
             Updated: 25 June 2014 06:39 PM
                 Due: 27 June 2014 04:41 PM (1d 22h 1m)
      Resolution Due: 03 July 2014 04:32 PM (7d 21h 53m)

Eric,

Success! Had to install MacPorts and then cvs. I would guess others may have this problem with Mac/mavericks, since Apple has removed cvs from OS10.9. Let me know if you need to document what I did.

Once I got cvs back, the MNJ ran fine.  Now I have a functional question: I seem to be able to run BLSUM and get the output that I need. I see that at the beginning of the BLSUM output, it gives the flux in the blotch area, so I assume that I can use that number to convert the mJy in the line profile into a line to continuum ratio.

Finally - would be be difficult to weight by the continuum or the continuum^2?

Thanks for all your help today!

Chris