[daip] ELINT in AIPS will not recognize OT files

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 10 15:49:52 EDT 2014

On 06/10/2014 11:55 AM, Rick Perley wrote:
>      ELINT dies with the following message:
>

>>>  >go elint
>>> ELINT3: Task ELINT  (release of 31DEC14) begins
>>> ELINT3: Copied CL file from vol/cno/vers  1   53   3 to  1 53   4
>>> ELINT3: !!!   CL TABLE  4 is UPDATED   !!!
>>> ELINT3: ZFIO: LUN = 29 NOT OPEN IN FTAB
>>> ELINT3: TABIO: I/O ERROR    1 ON READ PHYS REC         403
>>> ELINT3: TABOTT: TABIO ERROR  3
>>> ELINT3: ERROR READING OVER-THE-TOP TABLE
>>> ELINT3: ZCLOSE: LUN = 29 ALREADY CLOSED IN FTAB ON SEARCH
>>> ELINT3: TABINI: ERROR 10 CATALOGING FILE SN NO   3
>>> ELINT3: SNINI: ERROR   2 FROM TABINI OPCODE = READ
>>> ELINT3: SNINI: ERROR INITIALIZING SOLUTION TABLE FOR READ
>>> ELINT3: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
>>> ELINT3: sechelt 31DEC14 TST: Cpu=      0.0  Real=      0 IO=         2
>>> AIPS 3: Resumes
>>>

>      When the 'OT' table is deleted, the program runs correctly. Visual
> examination of the OT table shows it looks fine to my (inexperienced) eye.
>
>      Computer:  SECHELT
>      User #         99
>      Disk:              1 (lustre)
>      Slotid:         43
>      Inputs:  See below (generic inputs)

Thank you - ELINT thought that there could never be more than 10000
records in an OT table - you have over 20000.  I changed the limit to
100000 and added tests for exceeding the limit.  Should work tomorrow.

The helpdesk I am talking about is not helpdesk at aoc.nrao.edu which is
manned by computer geeks that keep our machines running.  What I mean is
the helpdesk set up initially by Claire and folks from ALMA to which you
should have been trained.  You log in as if submitting a proposal, but
go to the helpdesk portion and send your message to the appropriate
"desk" within that system.