[daip] [!5161]: aips - missing columns in MF table

Patrick Kamieneski do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 11 16:35:24 EDT 2014

Patrick Kamieneski updated #5161
--------------------------------

missing columns in MF table
---------------------------

           Ticket ID: 5161
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 11 July 2014 08:35 PM
             Updated: 11 July 2014 08:35 PM
                 Due: 15 July 2014 08:35 PM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 21 July 2014 08:35 PM (10d 0h 0m)

To whom it may concern:

I noticed that after running JMFIT, the resulting columns of the MF table did not include the computed velocity (which I expected to be the 42nd and last column, per the EXPLAIN section for MFPRT). However, the messages returned immediately after running JMFIT showed that the velocity was calculated (for example, listed as   Axis 3:   41.4 KM/S).

PRTAB does not include a 42nd column at all, while MFPRT gives an empty column for velocity with values replaced by ******.

In addition, the MF table is listing RA and dec as opposed to "X offset of center" and "Y offset of center", the 4th and 5th columns, again as listed in the EXPLAIN file for MFPRT. This is once again being reported in the messages for JMFIT as "RASHIFT and DECSHIFT to center", but it's not making it through to the MF table.

Thanks,

Patrick Kamieneski