[daip] clean 3bit Ka data

zadeh zadeh at northwestern.edu
Fri Jan 24 13:15:00 EST 2014

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the suggestions. I never thought that aips could do this but
I will give it a try.
One other  possibility that you might want to consider is  to go through
cubes of individual scans (1-5min) on a short time scale and make the
flux of
the bight source (Sgr A*) constant using uvsub. This should work
because  the rest of the flux is thermal and the flux does not change
much with
frequency. This method works nicely as Doug came up with this
suggestion  using  vla's archival  data. However,
the  new correlator is creating  head-ache for us  as there are too many
channels and IFs to do uvsub. Once the flux of the non thermal point
source is fluxed
in the uv data, then deconvolution and self-cal works much better. The
real proble we have what to do with Q and U as  they can go positive and
negative and
this technique does not work.

Anyways, I will certainly try your suggestion.
Cheers,
Farhad