[daip] [!4536]: aips - SNSMO in VLMB mode sometimes breaks the relationship between phase(per IF) and delay

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 27 13:37:47 EST 2014

Eric Greisen updated #4536
--------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 03 March 2014 06:03 PM)

SNSMO in VLMB mode sometimes breaks the relationship between phase(per IF) and delay

           Ticket ID: 4536
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 19 February 2014 06:58 PM
             Updated: 27 February 2014 06:37 PM
      Resolution Due: 04 March 2014 07:14 PM (5d 0h 36m)

Your data set has about 4 bad delay solutions which are the
cause of the excursion in phase that you see - 2 are high
and 2 are low.   I have worked on SNSMO and fixed the rate
computation to be done in Hz correctly rather than take
shortcuts using sec/sec and a single frequency.  I have also
changed SNSMO to change the phase in the table during
delay smoothing to remove the phase due to the initial values
of delay and put back a phase due to the smoothed values.

I will look at your latest issue this afternoon.

Eric