[daip] [!4536]: aips - SNSMO in VLMB mode sometimes breaks the relationship between phase(per IF) and delay

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 24 18:44:40 EST 2014

Eric Greisen updated #4536
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 26 February 2014 07:14 PM)

SNSMO in VLMB mode sometimes breaks the relationship between phase(per IF) and delay

           Ticket ID: 4536
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 19 February 2014 06:58 PM
             Updated: 24 February 2014 11:44 PM
      Resolution Due: 04 March 2014 07:14 PM (7d 19h 29m)

I do not understand this mode of SNSMO and will look in detail tomorrow.
To average the phases seems just wrong.  The phases reflect the delay
found (so that applying the delay gets each IF to the same average phase)
so your SN tables show a substantial phase rotation from IF 1 to 16.  If it
also averages rates, in sec/sec rather than Hz, it is also making a curious
error.

I will examine SNPLT in the difference mode.

I suspect SNSMO is not a heavily tested task - but also I think I did change
FRING in its phase output to bring the IFs into alignment.

Try VLBI mode.

Eric