[daip] [!4517]: aips - AVSPC problem with multiple FREQID

Elias Brinks do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Sat Feb 15 13:13:26 EST 2014

Elias Brinks updated #4517
--------------------------

AVSPC problem with multiple FREQID
----------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 4517
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 15 February 2014 06:13 PM
             Updated: 15 February 2014 06:13 PM
                 Due: 19 February 2014 12:00 AM (3d 5h 47m)
      Resolution Due: 26 February 2014 12:00 AM (10d 5h 47m)

I loaded the following spectral line dataset: AH927_BN080724.xp1

The problem lies with AVSPC, when it applied the bandpass correction (DOBAND=1), on a dataset (like the one above) that has multiple FREQIDs, in this case 1, 2, & 3. The problem is easy to recreate. Do a FILLM, then run a BPASS on Source '0137+331' with FREQID=1. The apply thisBP 1 table in AVSPC, again on Source '0137+331' with FREQID=1. The error message is a cryptic one:

localh> AVSPC1: Task AVSPC  (release of 31DEC14) begins
localh> AVSPC1: ZOPEN: LUN = 30 ALREADY OPENED IN FTAB
localh> AVSPC1: TABINI: I/O ERROR FROM ISTAB ON AN
localh> AVSPC1: UVGET: SUBARRAY  1 ERROR   3 OPENING AN TABLE
localh> AVSPC1: AVGSIN: UVGET INIT ERROR  3 CHECK ADVERBS
localh> AVSPC1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
localh> AVSPC1: localhost    31DEC14 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

Run the same AVSPC with DOBAND = -1, and it works fine.

Also, I can sun POSSM where I apply the BP 1 table to the source itself...no problem there.

If I load the dataset with FILLM and CPARM(7)=-1, so all FREQID are forced to 1, the problem with AVSPC disappears. However, this is not what I want or need in order to be able to reduce my data. Note that this used to work fine a few years ago when I reduced quite a lot of the AH927 data.

In summary, I think I pretty well isolated the issue. I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Elias